Our fine-grained texture streaming technology allows you to either drastically increase your graphical fidelity for the same memory and storage budget, or reduce these requirements for efficient distribution and reduced minimum hardware requirements for your product.
Reduce the memory used for textures by up to 75%.
MAXIMUM GRAPHICS QUALITY
Use higher resolution textures resulting in sharper and more detailed graphics on larger screens.
MINIMAL DISK SPACE
Compress your textures by 60% and more.
MAXIMUM VIRTUAL WORLD SIZE, DIVERSITY AND UNIQUENESS
Build larger virtual worlds without compromising on texture quality, using huge unique textures or many small textures to create interesting and divers locations.
MINIMAL LOADING TIMES
Reduce loading times for textures by up to 75%.
MAXIMUM AMOUNT OF TEXTURE DATA
Use 2 - 4 times more unique texture assets in a single frame.
FINE-GRAINED TEXTURE STREAMING - FOR ENGINEERS
- Video memo and main memory usage for texture data is configurable and remains constant when running your application. This predictable behavior reduces complexity.
- Small tiles (say 128x128 pixels, but of course you’re in control here) are the basic unit of processing that can be easily allocated to a job system allowing for optimal use of multicore systems. And of course all our decompression code is hand optimized assembly for maximum performance.
- With strong compression, data throughput from disk is increased significantly. As previously noted, it is not uncommon to reduce the texture data stored on disc by 60%.
- The systems contains all kinds of hooks (e.g. memory allocation, IO, Graphics API access, source art description, …) so you can integrate it neatly into your engine and content pipeline.
- The system supports state-of-the-art GPU features. We use of state-of-the-art GPU features such as tiled resources, BC7 texture compression, etc. But we also provide fallbacks for older hardware. Our highly optimized Graphics API integration layer handles CPU/GPU synchronization and memory management in the most efficient way.
FINE-GRAINED TEXTURE STREAMING - FOR PRODUCERS
- With file sizes reduces by 60% or more, the download times will be reduced as well, enabling more people to actually enjoy your creations much faster.
- With support for instant play, your customer needs to install or download only a fraction of the game to start playing.
- When reducing the minimal specification for your application/game, more users will be able to enjoy your creation. Our technology scales well from low-end devices to those at the very high end. It’s easy to create different quality settings for each target device.
- Our middleware is used by a number of companies, ensuring that it is tested and robust, without the need for maintenance on your part. We provide premium support from the engineers that built the system so your team can focus on your project and won't get bogged down in maintenance tasks.
- The system automatically knows which content to load, at which resolution, to keep the memory usage down. This frees up your artists from manually scaling down textures (which nobody likes) and hand-optimizing the content to have your game running on your target platforms.
- Our technology runs all major gaming platforms making porting easier and less time consuming.
FINE-GRAINED TEXTURE STREAMING - FOR ARTISTS
- The Granite SDK works with all the common creation tools, so you can stick to the content creation pipeline you’re accustomed to.
- You can focus on creating a wide variety of texture assets, without worrying about whether it will fit on the disk or not. The Granite SDK enables you to use more unique texture data than ever before.
- Our streaming technology allows you to focus on texture creation and not the practical aspects, such as deciding which resolution or making the most optimized UV unwrap.
- You can use any texture resolutions that comes out of your creation tools, all the way up to 256K x 256K pixels.